- Doucet, A.,Mathieu, S., and McKay, L. (2020) Redesign Parental Leave System to Enhance Gender Equality. Policy Options. Oct 2020
- McKay, L., and Doucet, A. (2016) It’s about time we give parental leave a much needed facelift: The rest of Canada should follow Quebec’s leave eligibility example. Winnipeg Free Press.
- Mathieu, S., McKay, L., and A. (2016) Mieux vaut être mère au Québec: Le régime de congés parentaux a 10 ans: le bilan est nettement positif.Le Devoir.
- Doucet, A. (2012). The evolution of the stay-at-home dad. Ottawa Citizen.
- Doucet, A. (2012). Dads are Very Much Involved in Parenting. The New York Times.
Presentations with unions, labour groups and the federal government
- Doucet, A., McKay, L., and Mathieu, S. (2016) Who/whose benefits: Gender and class issues in parental leave in Quebec and Canada, Paper presented at CUPE Child Care. Roundtable Featured Panel, Ottawa, ON.
- McKay, L., Mathieu, S., and Doucet, A. (2016) Parental-leave rich and parental-leave poor: Closing Equality Gaps in Canadian Parental Leave Policy. Paper presented at the Canadian Labour Congress, EI and Women’s Issues Committee, Ottawa, ON
- Doucet, A., and McKay, L.*(2018)andreadoucet.com/…/Doc-12b_Doucet_McKay_FINAL_FR.pdf Les deux politiques de régimes parentaux du Canada: un argument en faveur du congé réservé aux pères >> (“Canada’s two parental leave policy regimes: An argument for dedicated leave time for fathers“) Rapport rédigé pour les 10 ans due Régime Québécois d’assurance parentale. Québec: Conseil de Gestion de L’Assurance Parentale. *equal authorship.
- Mathieu, S., McKay, L., and Doucet, A. (2018) <<Politiques sociales, soutien au travail de soins et inégalités de classes>> (“Labour Market Policies, Support for Parental Caregiving, and Class Inequality”), Rapport rédigé pour les 10 ans du Régime Québécois d’assurance parentale. Québec: Conseil de Gestion de L’Assurance Parentale.
- 15th annual International Seminar of the International Network of Leave Policies and Research. “The Fit and Future of Parental Leave and Other Care Policies: Design, Equality, Impacts, Measurement” (Toronto, July 13-14, 2018,The Leave Policies and Research Network)
- The 33rd Annual Qualitative Analysis Conference: Visual Methods and Visual Ethnographies (Brock University, May 11-13, 2016, The Qualitatives)
- Consuming Intimacies Symposium (Brock University, Oct 15-17, 2015, co-organized with Robyn Lee, Lindsey McKay and Alana Cattapan)
Modern Fatherhood in The Ottawa Citizen
“Say it with me, I earn more than my husband” in the Globe and Mail
Mothers as the primary family breadwinner in SSHRC Research for Real Life (Feburary 2011)
She Works. They’re Happy. in The New York Times magazine (January 2010)
More women bringing home the bacon, more men cooking it in The National Post (October 2010)
Female breadwinners discuss their roles in The National Post (October 2010)
Rise of the power wives in New York Post (November 2010)
NY Post: Rise of the Breadwinning Power Wives in NY Dads and Stay at Home Dads (November 2010)
Field notes: Families in SSHRC Dialogue on Canadian Families (November 2010)
The Economics of Marriage by Jean Chatzky, Financial Editor of the Today Show (February 2010)
Sugar Mamas Can Be a Sweet Thrill in The Globe and Mail (April 2010)
The New Female Breadwinners – Celebratory Boon or Involuntary Boom? The Glass Hammer (March 2010)